Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Build Shop up - Warlock ??/41+/??

WoW Insider has a new Build Shop up, this time focusing on a Demonology spec. This one's a bit open-ended, since the requirement is just 41+ points in demonology. I've updated the existing 70s I have now and fetched their (relatively) current character sheets. Scanning the top 20 Warlock specs on my current report, #5 is 7/43/11, and #6 is 20/41/0. Coming in at #16 is 18/43/0, #18 is 5/45/11, and #20 is 9/41/11.

Obviously, I've got a new report out, but I'm redesiging the report generation to be more general and flexible. The goal here is to support live queries against that database on various criteria. I know for a fact that making this live will kill my server, so I need to figure out a way to ensure that doesn't happen. In any case, you should eventually be able to do top N spec/builds per class, with these additional variables: faction, race, gender, realm, realm type and battlegroup. I think a lot of people will be interested in the realm type breakdown and if there truly is a difference between how PvE and PvP players choose their talents.

No comments: